Monday, November 18, 2013

Global Community

I spent a lot of time on Epals in the past week to explore and find out how can I benefit from this site. One of the programs I really like in this site is Global Community. This website allows educators to match classrooms by languages and ages of the students. After searching for what you really want to know, you will find some cases which post by other teachers, and experiences are shared by this means. They provide three kinds of collaborations: email exchange, project workshop and Skype or video chat. Global Community also offers teacher to create projects or view others' projects. The subjects of the project deal with different topics like writing, reading, language learning, math and so on. After viewing other teachers projects, I am inspired because some projects are so good in details that provide you with lots of ideas that you might be able to use in your future teaching.

Another feature of this site I really appreciate is that the Teacher Resources. You can find  three types of resources, namely, instructional resources, videos and audios. And also you can narrow down by age, subject, and topics. You can even download some of them for free!! I download What is a Tall Tale and I think it is quite useful for future teaching. With picture and words showed in each page, students would like to read  and motivated by it. I think teachers would definitely benefit from this feature.

Overall, for my future teaching, I would like to incorporate Global Community in teaching. I want to create a profile and connect globally so that I can share thoughts with other experts in my field. The teachers resources center would also help me to find materials that I can use for my teaching.

2 comments:

  1. It's is so helpful when teachers share. We can all learn a lot from each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete