Thursday, November 7, 2013

Animoto

Animoto is a cloud-based video creation that produce videos from photos, music, and video clips into video slideshows. It is easy to use and very creative for both teachers and students. Here is what I made by using Animoto.


Clothes
I want to use this creative tool into my teaching in the future. Students might be interested in making their own stories by using Animoto. I can ask them to tell us about their favorite book or movie. They can introduce books or movies by showing pictures or video clip into it and add music in accordance with the theme. I think this would really stimulate students to DIY. Also, as a teacher, instead of showing my students powerpoint, I can show them my photo story and make it a video slideshow. I can stop whenever I want them to pay attention to.

I first heard of this tool from my professor who showed us a book review made by her son. She said that when her son was making this video clip, he was very enjoyable and very excited about his video. Even though I never use it in my real teaching, but I want to try it and see how the students respond to it and then decide  whether I will continue to use it or not.

1 comment:

  1. I think you can also get more ideas of how to use this tool by viewing the photo-stories of your classmates.

    ReplyDelete